ROCK Commercial Real Estate, LLC is a growing real estate brokerage firm specializing in the sale, leasing and management of commercial real estate in southcentral Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. ROCK is seeking an Accounting Assistant for 20-40 hours per week to support its commercial real estate administrative operations.
While accounting knowledge is essential, this position does not require any prior commercial real estate experience, just a sincere commitment and interest to be a valuable addition to the ROCK team and take the initiative to learn all necessary aspects of the industry with respect to the job functions. The primary focus of this position is the performance of all tasks associated with accounts payable and accounts receivable functions related to the commercial real estate properties that ROCK manages on behalf of its clients.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle all aspects of AP function (invoice review, allocation, payment, mailing, filing, W-9s, 1099s, vendor inquiries)
- Handle all aspects of AR function (billing, collections, late calls, deposits, filing, landlord and tenant inquiries)
- Cash management (account maintenance, bank reconciliations, monitor daily activity)
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers, landlords, tenants, vendors, etc.
- Ability to consistently manage time effectively and meet daily work deadlines while managing various tasks
- Associate’s degree in accounting or 1-2 years of related work experience required
- Experience with commercial real estate preferred
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite products and Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate (aka Timberline) accounting software preferred or relevant experience with accounting software programs such as QuickBooks or Yardi
- Experience in data management including the ability to enter data efficiently, timely and accurately
- Self-starter with dependability, excellent customer service habits, exceptional organizational abilities, outstanding problem-solving skills and strong work ethic required
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team to meet goals and objectives
- Relentless attention to detail
Work schedule is flexible between the hours of 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday in ROCK’s York office.
Submit An Application
Please submit resumes through email to Barry Wildasin.
ROCK is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.